There are a number of miter saw models in the market nowadays, but only a few lives up to the expectation of the users. Only a few models excel in terms of power, performance as well as convenience which are factors that users are looking for in a miter saw.
Makita LS1221 12-inch Compound Miter Saw Features
- 15 amp motor that delivers 4,000 rpm
- Horizontal D-handle
- Positive stops at 9 settings
- Carbide-tipped blade
- fiber-reinforced polycarbonate and aluminum coating
- 2 extension wings
- Socket wrench
- Dust bag
- Dimensions: 24 by 26-1/2 by 23-7/8-inches
- Weight: 36.4-pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
Power and Performance
The Makita LS1221 12-inch Compound Miter Saw gives you the power you are expecting from a miter saw and the power you cannot find in other saws and other miter saw brands. With its dynamically balanced 15-amp direct-drive motor with 4,000 rpm, you can expect this miter saw to cut through wood like butter or in other words, with no hassle at all. This miter saw is also built solidly so you can expect that power can indeed be produced by its solid body and that what you see is really what you are going to get.
This miter saw is also mighty in performance especially when it comes to providing quality and accurate cuts. The capacity of its blade is 3-7/8 inches x 6 inches at 90 degrees which is large enough as well as it comes with a 4-1/2-inch tall pivoting fence allowing you to cut up to 5-1/2-inch crown molding. Accuracy is indeed achieved with this miter saw because it has 9 positive miter stops at 15, 22.5, 31.6, and 45 degrees. In other words, this miter saw is packed with features that could ensure users they would get the power and performance they are looking for in a miter saw.
Pros of Using the Makita LS1221 12-inch Compound Miter Saw
- It is very accurate so users can expect great results all the time.
- It is very convenient because all the parts are easy to adjust as well as it is easy to use.
- It comes with a high quality blade for producing the cleanest miter cuts.
- It is reliably comfortable as it is smooth and powerful enough to go through any of the hardwoods.
- It is lightweight. It is not that light to compromise durability and build but it is not that heavy to compromise convenience.
Cons of Using the Makita LS1221 12-inch Compound Miter Saw
- The motor may produce great power and contribute to great performance but it is kind of noisy especially when starting it up. The motor is also positioned awkwardly making it difficult to see what you are cutting as the cut proceeds through the wood.
- Unlike other miter saw models, this miter saw does not have a soft start system and so, because it has a large blade and a powerful motor, it has the tendency to kick a bit when starting up.
Miter saws have been a real hit these days for all woodworkers and DIYers. And when it comes to miter saws, the Makita LS1221 12-inch Compound Miter Saw is worth a try considering the many benefits users can get with this tool in terms of its power, performance and convenience.