No matter for what reason you are looking for a miter saw, be it for molding crown or for cutting baseboard, the DEWALT DW718 Compound Miter Saw is the perfect one for you. It comes with a 12-inch sliding bevel that ensures fast yet accurate cut. With its 15 amp powerful motor, you will not be disappointed.
You can easily adjust the cam lock miter handle for precise and exact cuts. You will also appreciate the miter stops and bevel stops. The fence is tall enough to support oversized moldings. Be it for miter cutting or for cross cutting, you can use the new DEWALT DW718 Compound Miter Saw for all kinds of work pieces.
DEWALT DW718 Miter Saw
Features of DEWALT DW718 Compound Miter Saw Review
- It has a powerful motor of 15 amp that offers 3600 rotations per minute that promises power
The stainless steel miter can be adjusted
- The miter also comes with detent plate that helps to ensure precise cutting and increased productivity
- The supporting fence is machine based that offers optimized cutting
- The fences are tall and can be slided; has the ability to support crown molding and base molding vertically
- Enhanced vertical cutting capacity thanks to the new belt drive design
- Powerful Machine Ensures Precise Cuts
The DEWALT DW718 Compound Miter Saw comes with a sharp 12-inch blade that is backed by 15 amp powerful motor. This powerful machine is fast and offers a no load speed of 3600 rotations per minute that makes it faster for you to cut molding or framing. You can also do miter cutting and cross cutting with this machine as well.
This sturdy and robust machine ensures exact cut. You can set the versatile miter detent plate in various ways and enjoy precise cuts. DEWALT offers 11 positive stops for its meter plate that can be adjusted and angle with the cam-lock miter handle. This machine comes with a rather versatile zero to sixty degrees to left and zero to fifty degrees to the right.
Tall Fence and Solid Sliding Rail
The DEWALT DW718 Compound Miter Saw comes with a rather tall fence that can easily support crown molding of 6 – 5/8 inch vertically. You can also use the fence to six and a half inch base molding as well. The fence can easily be slided out of way when you want to use the bevel. As the two horizontal steel rails with clamping mechanism support the saw, it stays packed in. The linear ball bearings in the dual horizontal steel rails also help to ensure durability and precise cuts.
Increased Bevel Capacity
The specially designed saw ensures faster and more exact bevel cuts. You can adjust the bevel cuts between zero to forty-eight degrees to the left as well as to the right for enjoying various kinds of versatile cuts.
Pros of DEWALT DW718 Compound Miter Saw
- It is sturdy.
- You can easily set the bevel angles.
- Lightweight and compact that makes it easy to carry and move.
- You can pair it up with miter saw laser system from DEWALT.
- Comes with three years extended warranty.
Cons of DEWALT DW718 Compound Miter Saw
- Has a bad finish.
- The bevel lock is placed very close to the motor and therefore hard to set up certain angles.
- The slide action does not offer smooth movement even after enough lubrication.