Whether you are a specialized carpenter, contractor or an informal woodworker, the DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw will be the best deal for you. Even if your work does not require a lot of special angle cuts and bevels, as a solemn carpenter or as a hobbyist, you should expect precise cuts from your saw.
This dual bevel saw comes with an extra tall fence and compound miter that ensures and provides unmatched performance. The easily adjustable miter dent plate provides most frequently used cut stops (11 ones) to make your work faster and accurate.
Features of DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- Sturdy and Powerful 15.0 amp motor that delivers 3600 rotation per minute
- Miter detent plate of Stainless Steel that comes with 11 positive steps
- Machine based fence
- Precise miter system that ensures exact and precise cuts
- Belt driven design that has enhanced vertical cutting competency
- well-built saw with adjustable setting
- Powerful Motor
The DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw comes with a powerful motor of 15.0 AMP. It is one of the best features of the machine as this motor can speed up to 3600 RPM. As you work with the machine, you will be able to feel the power of the motor even though the well design body of this machine will mask and thus decrease the vibrations. Although it seems like a complex tool to handle, its features are quite easy and user friendly.
The DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw is extraordinarily smooth. It runs so smoothly that it will not stress the wood, nor will it wear you out as you will not need to concentrate solely on keeping the wood piece in place. The DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw’s dual bevel can be adjusted both on the left side and on the right side of the blade. You can place the miter in various angles and positions to get the best out of his machine. Even if you have to work on oversized moldings, do not fret as t he fence is taller than other saws and will hold the work piece for smooth and precise cut.
Useful Belt Drive
The belt drive of DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw offers more benefits than the traditional direct drive. It is because the blade and motor are situated separately in this mechanism. This helps a lot to ensure exact cuts as the tool properly position in a proportioned way. It thus allows you to work without any kind of altercation between your work piece and the machine. You can now easily cut your work piece meaning that the chances of you accidentally culling your wood have decreased. This has also decreased the chances of injury as DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw ensures accurate cuts at most of the angles for complex and delicate carpentry.
Pros of DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- The 11 stops in dent plate help to cut angled designs with accuracy.
- Easy to start up and you can work with it as soon as you take it home.
- You can cut wood, plywood, PVC, hardwood, fine furniture, picture frames, steel, copper, brick and even stone with it.
- At only 44 pounds, this machine is lightweight and easy to carry and move.
- This machine is accurate and durable and comes with helpful LED light for precise cutting.
Cons of DEWALT DW716 Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- The table is not flat enough.
- For changing the bevel, one has to reach behind the complete unit, which is sometimes frustrating.